Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Live n' Dine!

SEE WHAT I DID THERE?? So on Saturday night my girl Amanda and I decided to hit up Canyon Creek Chophouse for dinner. Its this restaurant on Front Street in Toronto that was showcased in Winterlicious' 2013 list. We thought this would be a wonderful opportunity to have a really nice dining experience than the typical Milestones or Moxies. If you aren't familiar with Winterlicious its this thing that the City of Toronto puts together, sorta like an event showcasing top restaurants around the city, if you decide to go for dinner you pretty much have a 3 course meal for about $25 and lunch for about $15. Amanda and I ordered two different things and I have a few pictures to prove it :)

156 Front Street West Toronto, ON M5J

The interior was pretty dope. They had stones on the wall opposite of this one.

This is my friend Amanda making her blogosphere debut!! WASSSAAP?! She ordered the Fried Chicken Burger with Coleslaw and French Fries.


This should be a picture of my Cesar Salad with Applewood Bacon but I forgot to take a picture. This was the main course: Herb Chicken with White Wine served with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli

Guys I'm really sorry you can't blame my photography skills on this one, I tried with and without flash, this doesn't look appetizing for the simple fact that it wasn't :( It's called The Small Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel.

I had a good time, the company was awesome, obviously but the food wasn't amazeballs, the atmosphere and the service were supereb but if it was solely up to me to
go back it wouldn't be the good ol' Chophouse, sorry! But it was nice to check it off my foodie list! :) Anywho, if you're in Toronto and interested in participating in the fine dining experience Winterlicious is going on until February 7th 2013. But not to worry, there is also a Summerlicious sometime in July which I'll probably go to wif ma gurl! 


Here's a list of the restaurants that are "Prix Fixe", there's lots to choose from! Enjoy!

http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restaurants.nsf/Winterlicious?OpenForm

Have you been to Canyon Creek Chophouse? What did you think? Sound off in the comments below! 
XO.





1 comment: